At GEM Health Care Workers Training we offer affordable education for school leavers, as well as unskilled persons who are interested in the nursing profession.
The year-long accredited Health and Welfare SETA course allows learners access to employment opportunities nationally, as well as internationally.
- Ancillary Health Care – Full Qualification (NQF Level 01)
- Community Health Work – (NQF Level 04)
- Child and Youth Care – Full Qualification (NQF Level 04)
The 6 month-long accredited Health and Welfare SETA (HWSETA) course allows learners to be registered on the HWSETA database. Learners will receive a national certificate on successful completion of the course.
- Home Based Care
- Skills Development Programme – Part Qualification (NQF Level 01)
Frail Care – The course offers the successful learner a national certificate, which will allow the learner employment opportunities in old age homes and private homes.
HIV/AIDS Counselling – The 10-day Health and Welfare SETA (HWSETA) accredited course, allows successful learners the opportunity for employment in private homes, doctors’ rooms and clinics.
Students are able to gain their practical experience at the following reputable institutions:
- Selby Park Hospital
- Frederick Old Age Home
- Benoni Old Age Home
- Busy Bee (Vaal Sedibeng District)
- Echoes of Love (Sedibeng District)
- Soweto Old Age Home
- Qalakabusha Home Based Care
- Pimville Hospice
- Mofolo Home Based Care
- Bathusheng Home Based Care
- Banakekeleni Hospice
- Ithlokomeleng Old Age Home
Get in touch with our dedicated team for further information about our objectives and courses.