GEM Health Care Workers Training is an accredited HWSETA (Health and Welfare SETA) nursing institution founded in 2000 by two retired professional nurses. The institute is accredited to offer the following programmes:
- Ancillary Health Care – Full qualification (NQF level 01) : 1 year course
- Skills Programme in Ancillary Health Care – 4 unit standards : 6 month course
- Community Health Work – NQF level 04 : 1 year course
- Various development programmes in previously disadvantaged communities – all South African provinces
GEM Health Care Workers Training – History
Founded by registered retired nurses, GEM Health Care Workers Training was established to empower the youth with knowledge and skills which would allow them opportunities for fulfilling employment opportunities. The institute targets learners who have not made requirements of other tertiary institutions as well as youth facing the prevailing HIV/AIDS pandemic that is common in local communities.
At GEM Health Care Workers Training our primary objectives are:
- Utilising available care workers in order to reach out to communities in need, by alleviating poverty through training and development.
- Job creation and empowerment in order to respond to the demands of the shortage of nursing personnel.
- To enhance the dignity of the profession, combat crime and to reach out to the poor.
- To network with private organisations in the aim of building relationships for further job opportunities.
- To empower educators (facilitators) with greater knowledge in the field of education and training.
We are committed to upskilling and providing knowledge to facilitators and learners.
We are dedicated to providing services that are highly beneficial and educational.
We react efficiently and proactively to problems that may occur in local communities.
We ensure that at all times we are respectful toward all learners, community members and facilitators.
We are responsible for educating and upskilling community members, learners and facilitators.
At GEM Health Care Workers Training we are committed to providing local community members, learners and facilitators with knowledge that is relevant to their circumstances and can positively influence their lives.